The east coast tour was a crazy tornado and just this weekend I have three more things back on this side of the states. Please come to one or all three if you happen to be in the areas.
On Thursday Alison Hallett from the Portland Mercury is doing a Q&A with me at Powell’s Books about this new graphic novel comic book I made called The Wrenchies.
there is also going to be an art show of the Wrenchies in the Basil Hallward Gallery (all the way upstairs) throughout October. Please come and get your book signed or look at original art or other books. I’ll be there drawing in books anyway. here’s the facebook event page.
October 2, 2014 @ 6:30 pm
First Thursday Powell’s Event: Farel Dalrymple
The Wrenchies book signing and Q and A with Alison Hallett
Powell’s City of Books
1005 W Burnside St. between 10th and 11th Ave.
Saturday, October the 4th at 7:00pm
i will be at The Elliott Bay Book Company
1521 Tenth Avenue
Seattle, Washington 98122
Please go visit your local independent bookstore, who will order The Wrenchies for you if they don’t have it in stock.
You can also get The Wrenchies at your local comic store, who should have the book in stock by the beginning of September (tell them it’s Diamond Code JUL141263).
You can also order The Wrenchies through any book market distributor.
The Wrenchies and all :01 books are available directly through Macmillan.
The Wrenchies is available on amazon and amazon UK
The Wrenchies is available in Canada through Raincoast, and in the UK through Melia.
The Wrenchies is availble on itunes and google ebook as well.
And please read Remainder, a short story from the world of The Wrenchies on TOR.com.
Here is The Wrenchies 2014 tour schedule (so far):
CCS -Center for Cartoon Studies ( White River Junction, Vermont), 9/11
SPX- Small Press Expo- table G1 (Bethesda, MD), 9/13 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
SPX- Small Press Expo- table G1 (Bethesda, MD), 9/14 12:00 am – 3:00 pm
Politics & Prose Graphic Novel Panel (Washington, DC-with Mark Siegel, Gareth Hinds, and Jim Rugg), 9/14, 5pm
Locust Moon (Philadelphia, PA), 9/16 7:30pm
Greenlight (Brooklyn, NY-with Brian Heater), 9/17
Million Year Picnic (Cambridge, MA), 9/18 5:00pm
Forbidden Planet (New York City), 9/21
Brooklyn Book Festival, (Brooklyn, NY), 9/21 10am-6pm
The Beguiling (Toronto, CANADA), 9/22
Powell’s Books First Thursday Reception (Art exhibit up through October)(Portland, OR), 10/2
Elliot Bay bookstore (Seattle) 10/4 7pm
Lucky’s (Vancouver, CANADA) 10/5
Locust Moon Comics Fest, (Philadelphia, PA) 10/25
Locations including some spots in texas/oklahoma/colorado coming soon.
Locations in california coming soon.
This August First Thursday come celebrate the release of an amazing graphic novel five years in the making, The Wrenchies by Farel Dalrymple. We will also celebrate the latest issue of It Will All Hurt #2, recently published by Study Group. While working on The Wrenchies, Farel started working on this unscripted side project set in the Wrenchies universe. Serialized on the Study Group Comics website, It Will All Hurt is an Eisner nominated, weird, sad, silly, and sketchy, fantasy adventure strip with magic and science-fiction and some fighting action. An exhibit of original artwork from both series will be on display all month, and Farel will attend the opening party to sign books and greet fans.
Sherwood and Orson should never have gone into that cave.
That day, a door was opened from our world into a dark and profane realm…and earth’s destiny was changed forever.
In this demented future, whatever life remains on earth is oppressed by the evil shadowsmen. Only a gang of ruthless and powerful children called the Wrenchies can hope to stand against them. When Hollis, a lonely boy from our world, is magically given access to the future world of the Wrenchies, he finally finds a place he belongs. But it is not an easy world to live in, and Hollis’s quest is bigger than he ever dreamed of.
Farel Dalrymple brings his literary and artistic powers to bear in this sprawling science fiction graphic novel about regret, obsession, and the uncertainty of growing up.
Farel Dalrymple is the creator Pop Gun War (Dark Horse Comics) which was a Xeric Grant recipient and won a gold medal from The Society of Illustrators. Dalrymple drew the critically acclaimed super hero comic book, Omega the Unknown (Marvel comics), for author Jonathan Lethem, and is also creator of the Eisner-nominated It Will All Hurt (Study group comics). He is a co-founder of and regular contributor to the comic book anthology Meathaus and has worked on a range of illustration and cartooning projects. Farel is currently residing in Portland, Oregon but really would rather be living alone in the woods somewhere.
Praise for The Wrenchies:
- “Incredible. A deeply personal epic…a book that calls for re-readings.” — Craig Thompson (Blankets, Habibi)
- “AMAZING. Beautiful drawing and painting, great characters–it’s pretty much everything I could want a graphic novel to be.” –Mike Mignola (Hellboy)
- “I’ve been a very enthusiastic admirer of Farel Dalrymple from the first moment I was introduced to his wonderful work. Now here comes his most epic work with THE WRENCHIES! This book is a stunning and original piece of work. The characters are richly authentic and their world is simultaneously exciting and horrific, filled with hauntingly beautiful detail. THE WRENCHIES is a masterpiece that will knock yer socks off!” –Michael Allred (Madman, Silver Surfer, The Atomics, Red Rocket 7)
- “Tremendously masterful, as to be expected of Farel Dalrymple. A work of art with fevered imagination and lush nightmares that should haunt every reader.”–J H Williams III (Sandman, Batwoman, Promethea)
- “The years of love dumped into The Wrenchies is apparent on every page, every panel a work of high art. Lush worlds and fascinating characters drenched in originality and childhood nostalgia. The story is heartfelt, wildly imaginative and engrossing as Farel achieves something all too often lost in comics–pure fun. The Wrenchies is a game changer. I couldn’t love anything more.” –Rick Remender (Black Science, Deadly Class)